Looks like my last post was right before the economy tanked and tech budgets began to head south. Despite the economy, technology continued to march forward in a rapid pace during those 3 years. Think iPads, Android phones and tablets, private and public clouds, desktop and server virtualization just to mention a few. Netbooks that were all the rage and on the rise at the time, don’t seem so shiny and new anymore.
With all that is new, new questions arise, such as:
- How do we roll out tablet tablets and integrate them with the networks we already built?
- Is it iPad and/or Android?
- What tablet apps do we use and how do we deploy them?
- When it comes to server virtualization is it VMware’s vSphere or Microsoft’s Hyper-V?
- How to we roll out “Bring Your Own Tech” in our schools ?
- and many other initiatives as we move toward blended and distributed education.
So where does that land this blog? I don’t really know for sure but I think I’ll try to describe the problems I see and ask for your help along the way. Together we will discover the exciting possibilities and explore viable solutions in these areas together.